RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Jun 22, 2003
RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 6)

HC Death Certificate:
============

[highlight]RIP: Our Fallen Friends[/highlight]
[highlight]Death Certificate[/highlight]

Character name: [highlight]Name Here[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]clvl Here[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]class here[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]MeleeMancer? WandAzon?[/highlight] (State the build type only)
Game difficulty: [highlight]Normal-Nightmare-Hell[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]1/Cows-2-3-4-5[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]Yes/No[/highlight]
Death type: [highlight]PvP/PvM/PK[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight] Short description goes here

=============

RULES FOR POSTING IN THIS THREAD:

1. Please use the above Death Certificate format. Just highlight the above text, ctrl+c to copy, and then ctrl+v to paste into your new post.

2. NO REPLYING TO THREADS! This is not a discussion thread.

3. [highlight]Minimum character level is NINE (9).[/highlight] Do not post death certificates for anything lower or the moderator will PK your post.

4. Do not post here to discuss these rules. Post a regular thread or PM me.

5. Do not use your Short Description as a soapbox. Describe how you died. Please leave out the long editorial about how much you think PK'ers suck.

This thread will be periodically pruned, with the oldest entries deleted.

Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 6)

RIP
Name: Shepherd
Class: Necromancer
Build: Zookeeper
Lvl: 21
Difficulty: Normal
Act: 2
Site: Tal rasha's tomb.
Reason: Stupidity
Death Type: PVM

Cause of Demise: Running and we had a few deaths, made it through most of a2 with my zookeeper so I thought I was in the clear. In the tombs, hall to the next room was full of scarabs, all got killed and I ran in forgetting about the lightning bolts. Health was at 3/4 already, dropped to 1/4 and I potted all my little health pots... DEAD. And worst of all the orifice was in the next room.

Reposting cause my thread was locked (despite this one did not exist for the ladder and there are many individual threads in this board with peoples deeds)...

HC Death Certificate:
============

[highlight]RIP: Our Fallen Friends[/highlight]
[highlight]Death Certificate[/highlight]

Character name: [highlight]MFing_Slavery[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]high[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]sorc[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]blizzi[/highlight]
Game difficulty: [highlight]Hell[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]2[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]No[/highlight]
Death type: [highlight]PvM[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight] was doing my typical sorc duties, tping through hell, i knew vipers will be hard, but when next to olevel 2 entrance there been 3 bosses packs with might aura, i got insta killed, not even my eyes believe i died. damn it, 3rd toon already.

at least i was on ladder

sorcfi.jpg

Last edited:

HC Death Certificate:
============

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: Talope
Character level: 60
Character class: Amazon
Character build: Javazon(State the build type only)
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Act: 5
Corpse looted: No
Death type: PvM

Cause of demise: Was running public NM baals and was standing too close to a fire enchanted Lister the Tormentor when he died. Had over 1300 life with BO and it 1 shotted her, that bug needs to be fixed.

=============

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Derimacheia
Character level: 86
Character class: Amazon
Character build: Javazon
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 4 CS

Cause of demise: Got surprised by a Frenzy Venom Lord who 2hit killed me.

=============

Character name: NSorceress
Character level: 76
Character class: Sorceress =U
Character build: Lightning
Act: 1
Death type: PVM (a better description would be PVStupidity)

Cause of demise: Having grew tired of endlessly mfing nm with no results, and having made a neat smoke for a much needed 50res all (to keep resists at least somewhat positive in hell) I finally went to hell. It was cake all the way even when soloing in full games. 7k lightning damage while my hot merc tanked everything. Got bored of walking around Dark Wood and decided to accelerate by teleporting (akin to how you blind teleport when you mf) to the nearest wall and following it till I see the entrance to Black Marsh...

First teleport lands me under the nearest big tree (damn you, Dark Wood) that apparently had a a boss pack of carvers and corrupt lance rogues under it that I didn't see before. I didn't die instantly but I did go into stupid/slow mode as I watched my merc start fighting while I got hit stuck within the mobs. Instead of using the 2-3 seconds I had to drink all the full purps I stockpiled while saving and exiting, I kept on trying to continue teleporting - and what's worse is that I feel like I wasn't even putting any effort into it, just kind of lazily clicking teleport while thinking about other things. Well, needless to say deeds came soon after and the only thing I could think of was "awesome =U" which I posted before leaving.

Death well earned. Not having played for a year left me too carefree >_>. Nothing really memorable lost except the 34and35 spirit swords I had finally managed to roll, a lowish gheeds, and my merc's perfect insight thresher which was the pride of my char =(.

Death Certificate

Character name: Icy_Hot
Character level: 67
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: FO/Firewall
Act: 1/Dark Woods

Cause of demise: I was trying to hurry and find the WP before leaving for Easter dinner and teleported into a swarm of extra fast fanatic quill rats. Rats. Next time, I'll remember to take my time.

Death Certificate

Character name: HC_Witch
Character level: 23
Character class: Sorc
Character build: Chanter
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 3 Mephisto

Cause of demise: She was just supposed to be a chanter/mule supporting my first venture into HC. I have had NO LUCK finding an Amn (or a better weapon) for my Barb, so I foolishly sent her in "shopping." One shot was all she heard...poor thing. Hopefully I've learned something (patience perhaps).

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4817/chanterq.jpg

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Pettson (first try)
Character level: around 40
Character class: Assassin
Character build: Trap/Kick
Act: 2
Corpse looted: Yes

Cause of demise: Bosspack of Scarabs

=============

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Pettson (second try)
Character level: 82
Character build: Trap/Kick

Cause of demise: When the fifth wave of my first solo baalrun, it lagged and I died in 1 sec. The third time is a charm though, now Pettson is a strong barbarian at level 92.

=============

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: HoolaBandoola (first try)
Character level: 8
Character class: Paladin
Character build: A bit of everything

Cause of demise: Was too selfconfident while I kept hitting the bosspack of Rogues until they smashed me down to the ground.

=============

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: HoolaBandoola (second try)
Character level: 11
Character build: Holy Fire!

Cause of demise: Jell-O asked about my defense, and I bragged about it being 700, and right after that, ironically, I got critical hit by some Goatmen. I've still my third HoolaBandoola to do, and he'll probably do better this time, just like Pettson did the third time!

=============

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Fahrbot
Character level: 85
Character build: Lightning

Cause of demise: Suicide against Pindle.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: AmyMacDonald
Character level: 90
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Blizzard & Frozen Orb
Act: 3 Durance lvl 2

Cause of demise: Tele'd into a group of Might aura Giants. Insta killed me. 2 Runs after I found HoZ :scratchchin:
nooy.jpg

=============

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Daniel
Character level: 45
Character build: 2h zealot
Corpse looted: No (Single player)
Death type: PvM + tiredness

Cause of demise: Rakanishu and his crew sent my merc to heaven in about .5 seconds. I said to myself, bah he was bad anyway so I guess I can handle those blue guys. I went to meet them. They killed with the same speed. I don't know what mods they had but it was mean.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Warrgh
Character level: 80
Character class: Necromancer
Character build: Fishymancer
Death type: PvM/Stupidity

Cause of demise: After a lengthy fight with Diablo, I just made to act 5. Feeling really proud of my achievement for setting a new record for not dieing for my third hardcore character, I set out to conquer act 5. How wrong I was, after a mere five minutes into the bloody foothills. I saw a larger group of what I thought was Burning Dead Archers I need to eliminate from this earth, so I proceed up a flight of steps while my pack of summoned went up the other side of the steps to engage to archers. Thinking nothing of it, I kept moving till the archers noticed I was all alone and ignored my troops at once to ping me to death quickly. Good thing I decided to run instead of downing my whole row of Full Rejuv's...

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Haain
Character level: 74
Character class: Barb
Character build: Throwbarb/One-point Frenzy/BO'er
Act: 4, CS
Death type: PvM/Stupidity

Breezing along through Hell with Ivan and Tom (The rate I kick out 2 x Lacerators is insane with a bit of Frenzy charge up!) I noticed my lil Throw Barb was only taking a few knocks toe-toe charging up Frenzy when cursed by OK's but I wasn't paying attention to how many full juves I was popping until I took a hit, popped a juve and noticed out of the corner of my eye that row 1 was out...no biggie, my first thought was "Quick pop to town and refill slot 1 from stash" but as I kept going back to town for repairs on the Lacerators I felt I was slowing up the questing a bit so I quickly picked up some Super Healers on the floor for the De Seis battle...bad idea; if i was taking chunks of damage from normal monsters when cursed then De Seis and the gang with Curse and Fanaticism are gonna hurt more...and in the space of time in picking up the Supers, killing the monsters near and popping the seal I had forgotten what row 1 consisted of so when I took my first hit (charging up Frenzy) my natural reaction was juve, no, that was just a healer...when I stopped to register it I got surrounded, took a few more hits and kicked the bucket...pure stupidity...

Luckily I had the foresight to put the SoJ on my body incase I died and left the Dwarf Star in Stash so I only lost that, crafted CB gloves for bosses, upped Hone Sudan to Ghost Spear for my Merc (he didn't quite have the Dex for it!) and my 2 x Warcry skillers (one found, one rolled with pgems) but i'm not toooooo miffed about it as I got loot and can have him rebuilt in a matter of days...if I had lost his setup (2 x Lacerators, perf String, perf Gores, Atmas, SoJ, 16 dex Raven, Arreats 3LL with Um, Treachery Archon Plate, Lavagout for Ench AR) then I would have probably gone mental!!

Take it slow and easy peeps!

Last edited:

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Coines
Character level: 95
Character build: Blizz Cold/tk

Cause of demise: Was doing a baal run decided to kill nihalitak like i usually do then teled into an invisible snake cloud and instantly lost all mana and health

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: HC-BOT
Character level: 95
Character build:Hammerdin

Cause of demise: After laying waste to Baal and his minions about 500 times the little soul killers finally got the best of me.

6olmb8.png

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Chipmancer
Character level: 79
Character class: Necro
Character build: Fishymancer / Summonmancer
Game difficulty:Hell
Act: 1 - Countess Tower
Death type: PvLag

Cause of demise: http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5165/whatwhat.jpg

TPed, onto that spot, summoned golem in the door way, all was normal. Then 2 shotted out of nowhere literally, and died...Was not amused.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: LoL-RIP
Character level: 88
Character build: Trapper / Kicker
Game difficulty:Hell
Act: 4 - Chaos Sanctuary
Corpse looted: Yes (thanks god for that)

Cause of demise: joined random gauss mf game, went to kill mephisto, he died in under 5 seconds, then i went to typical CS, did it 20 times before, only had to watch out for diablo's fire and infernal (no fire abs, only 75 res) so my traps should be fine. before either of them, decided to go to grand thingie (souls) and kill em, everything was fine, without a scratch, what ever hitted me, was quickly replaced with life tap. got to grand visor killed some of his monster, and i can see might aura. my thoughts: lol, they doing magical damage, might = funny.

WRONG, knight was hiding in there, and 1 hit kills me >.>

ripb.jpg

shame cant save merc + inventory, lost 20/19 assa torch 19/18/9 anni, 15@gc 30 light gc andy head, gaze and this item:

infi.jpg

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: ChickNorris-III
Character level: 75
Character build: Kicker/Trapper
Act: 3/Durance 3

Cause of demise: Got overconfident after taking out the council and a bunch of those guys that cast firewall and meteor and went charging into the rightside room and met the council member and more meteor droppers and met my maker. Didn't lose much, other than a spirit sword and a duress from my merc, just about everything else was a rare. I'll get a character to guardian yet, just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High