A Breath of Fresh Air ... A New Item Find Thread

I have been running ubers mixed with terrorzones, trying to get an amazon torch. Think i have rolled ~15 torches in total and the luck has been really weird -
1 paladin torch 10/11
1 sorc 12/10
All rest except one below has been either Necro, Druid or Barbarian. Especially disappointing has been the amount of Necro torches(6) as i have no interest currently playing that char.
But the torch below almost made up for it. Time to start a 'sin i guess

Screenshot 2024-06-16 212314.png

Finally made an FOHdin and I knew it would be good for the chaos sanctuary, but it's immediately had some of the craziest luck possible there. This is while questing through the first time in hell on players 5:
Screenshot (264).png

Then literally the first run after beating the game, players 7:
Screenshot (266).png

I'm so stoked to finally be close to a dual dream setup :)

An intriguing base...but for what?

Code:
Caduceus 
One Hand Damage: 37 - 43 
Durability: 62 of 70 
Required Level: 66 
Required Strength: 97 
Required Dexterity: 70 
Fingerprint: 0x489041b4 
Item Level: 93 
Version: Resurrected 
+150% Damage to Undead 
+3 to Fanaticism (Paladin Only)

@TopHatCat64 If your luck is anywhere near like mine it means you have two choices. Pick a 5 socket Runeword and use Larzuk to punch 5 sockets. The other is to use the cube and then pick the best Runeword available. Otherwise if you pick a Runeword first you will never get that from the cube.

HOLY MOLY!!!!
I guess you got it from gambling and I think I haven't even rolled up the prefix+suffix combo so far, but look what I've got when crafting blood rings a few hours ago (GoMule screenshot):

1719095723540.png

Perfect dual leech! The other affixes are rather mediocre, but 82 ar isn't that bad. The level requirement is pretty steep though.

@DenimChicken how is clear speed on players 7? I mean, compared to a blessed hammer build
To be honest at first I was a little disappointed by players 7 clear speed in chaos sanctuary. Haven't played hammers in a while but my infinity wielding nova sorc does players 7 more efficiently for sure. It's still pretty good, but there are a couple factors. Right now I don't have the highest cast breakpoint which might help using holy bolts. Second I think it helps to bunch up enemies to get all the holy bolts to spread as much as possible since the lightning damage isn't amazing, and select particular enemies for the best spread. So I think it just takes a little bit more skill and experience to be most efficient. I will say it's just a fun build and does some other areas like pits really well too. And I can't complain because its been one of my luckiest characters so early on lol.

edit: tried it some more and i think the trick is just hitting the enemy closest to you so it sends a carpet wave of holy bolts behind. I guess i was trying to be too cute by sniping stuff lol. Doing it that way is actually pretty damn good, players 7 terror zone at level 88 went rather quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: drmalawi
I guess you got it from gambling and I think I haven't even rolled up the prefix+suffix combo so far, but look what I've got when crafting blood rings a few hours ago (GoMule screenshot):
Not gambling, just a random ring from hell catacombs o_O

I've had some various drops, but this one in particular is worth posting because it is a 1/3 chance that it's actually an item that I'm specifically hunting for. +6 Hurricane pelt shopped in 1.07Screenshot 2024-06-22 193555.png
Prefix 1176 Alpha Helm
Defense: 61
Durability: 20 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 44
Required Level: 30
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x2c7dda14
+3 to Hurricane (Druid Only)
+1 to Hunger (Druid Only)
+2 to Armageddon (Druid Only)
+3 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)

Fun thing. Among my first 10 torches or so, I got one perfect Pala and one perfect Sorc...
That is illegal.

@ziambe And that one is just about punishable by death. I only think I've ever seen one other person find one.

• Haha
Reactions: ziambe
Back in 1.09, I found a >290% ed cruel colossal blade of quickness when casually checking Larzuk's inventory (not making shopping runs) which was among the best barbarian weapons you could have at that time. It was 3AM and I didn't have enough gold, so I stayed in Harrogath (so the shop inventory won't reset) and called a friend to join the game (it was on bnet) and help me out. He said it was totally OK and understandable that I called him at that time. I'm telling this now because it was over 20 years ago and I think the statute of limitation is below that.

• Haha
Reactions: Nano and ziambe
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High