Matriarch Owatanasiam, Fire Bowazon (D2R)

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
Matriarch Owatanasiam, Fire Bowazon

Level: 86

St – 71 (110)
Dx – 99 (152)
Vt – 335 (352)
En – 15 (32)

HP 1336
Mana 325

Damage and AR (With BA merc)

Immolation Arrow: 438 – 1804 Physical, 3360 – 3393 Fire @ 13,364AR
Exploding Arrow: 438 – 1804 Physical, 2107 – 2377 Fire @ 13,263AR

Resists:

Fire: 80
Cold: 75
Ltning: 75
Poison: 75

Skills:

Immolation Arrow: 20/38
Exploding Arrow: 20/38
Fire Arrow: 20/38
Valkyrie: 20/29
Decoy: 6/15
Magic Arrow, Multiple Shot: 1/16
Critical Strike, Penetrate, Pierce, IS, SM, D/A/E: 1/10

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

“Faith” Grand Matron Bow (+3 Bow Skills)

Weapon 2:

Buriza-Do Kyanon

“Flickering Flame” Great Helm
“CoH” Dusk Shroud
Rare Heavy Gloves (+2Bow Skills)
Silkweave
Razortail
Mara’s Kaleidoscope
Raven Frost & Manald Heal

Flame Rift & AmaTorch

Merc (Act 2 – Might)

Vampire Gaze
Eth Shaftstop
“Infinity” Eth Superior Thresher

Random musings:

I finally got around to starting and, of course, completing my Fire Bowazon. Yay! As with many bow builds, I start with the Arctic set, aided by a shipload of strength and dexterity charms, and changing to the upgraded armour and belt when appropriate. I have the upgraded bow, but I never bothered to equip it. When I reached clvl 41, and I could equip the Buriza, I shifted away from the set items into the usual mid-level uniques and the rare heavy gloves I ended up using to the end of the build. I liked the idea of the Buriza freezing the baddies while the Immolation Arrow burned them where they stood, so I continued using it until well after I could equip the Faith bow. Frankly, I think I could have used it to complete the game, if only on /players1. I had to do something with this build that I almost never do; I had to use one of my respecs. I had not realised that the dexterity requirement on the GMB was as high as it is, so I ended up not having enough dexterity.

Skill-wise, I maxed all the bow skills first, even before I put a single point in the P&M tree. After that I maxed the Valkyrie skill, taking a brief detour to get Pierce. I tossed up whether to put my remaining points into D/A/E but I was happy enough with their levels as it was, so I put them into Decoy instead. As usual, I played through to Hell on /players8, before dropping to /players3 for the rest of the game.

For general questing, I was happy enough to use the Immolation Arrow and the casting delay hardly mattered at all. Against tougher monsters and bosses, I’d weave Exploding Arrow into the mix, and everything died without too much of a problem. I had no deaths, not even any close calls; the merc, Valkyrie and Decoy kept me out of harm’s way very efficiently.

Screenshot021.png

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High